Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why do the textures look blurry in the latest builds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vadasory

I played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with dolphin 5.0 and it looked alright.
but when I play it with dolphin 5.0 - 6302 and other builds which came out recently, the textures are all blurred (the same thing happened with other games)  Undecided
Did I set the wrong settings? Or is there another solution?
I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to fix it.  Smile
Check what you have the Internal Resolution set to. Or if you have Real XFB enabled

vadasory

(02-09-2018, 03:12 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Check what you have the Internal Resolution set to. Or if you have Real XFB enabled

These are my settings

I uploaded screenshots of the game in the original post. Please take a look.
Do the textures become sharper when you turn on GPU texture decoding?
Unrelated tidbit, you won't get any of hybrid ubershaders benefits on nvidia on OpenGL. The rendering thread locks while compiling shaders anyways because of how nvidia's GL and Vulkan implementations work.

Direct3D 11 is recommended for hybrid ubershaders on nvidia. Or you could use exclusive if you hate your GPU and want to make it sweat.
Helios, you're mistaken. You get ~90% of the benefits of Hybrid Ubershaders. It's Vulkan where you get far less.

And yeah, the Sega games break our mipmap detection.
(02-10-2018, 01:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Helios, you're mistaken.  You get ~90% of the benefits of Hybrid Ubershaders.  It's Vulkan where you get far less.

And yeah, the Sega games break our mipmap detection.

Wait, so I can get the superior accuracy of OpenGL with most of the benefits of Ubershaders? Even though I'm using an Nvidia card?

It would be really great if the FAQ could be updated with stuff like this for those of us who aren't in the loop. The current FAQ still mentions AMD FX processors...not a Ryzen in sight.
(02-11-2018, 01:12 AM)extherian Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, so I can get the superior accuracy of OpenGL with most of the benefits of Ubershaders? Even though I'm using an Nvidia card?

It would be really great if the FAQ could be updated with stuff like this for those of us who aren't in the loop. The current FAQ still mentions AMD FX processors...not a Ryzen in sight.

OpenGL shouldn't provide "Superior Accuracy" - all the backends should output /exactly/ the same images with the same settings.

I believe OpenGL was generally recommended over DX on nvidia as it provided /slightly/ better performance if GPU bound. But as mentioned above, it isn't /quite/ as smooth as DX with some reported shader compilation stutter when using ubershaders (I don't have an nvidia device to test this myself, it may have been driver version specific, but it's just something to try if you do notice stutter despite ubershaders being enabled)
I have high end nvidia and I still stuttered a fair bit on Metroid prime with hybrid ubers on GL due to the rendering thread locking while shaders compiled.
Metroid Prime is the extreme case though.