Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulation Speed concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KoopaKlaw

Hi guys, new user here, first post :)

So, by my specs, do you think I can run at least most first party games (SMG2, SSBPM, SMS, etc) at full speed?
I have a lot of experience with the emulator (been using it since ~2011), but this is my first time building my own PC, and I would be very disappointed if it couldn't run at 100%, because I saw some very, very low end Notebooks that I've used squeeze 60fps out of a lot of games :P
So, what do you think?

PS: It's not a problem to play at native resolution
SMS sure, it's pretty lightweight
SSBM or SSBB sure, they're decently lightweight
SMG/SMG2 is more demanding on CPU and GPU, you'll just have to try them to find out

You've got acceptable CPU speeds and an ok-ish GPU, so most games that aren't super demanding should run fullspeed most of the time
I have a laptop that uses a I5-520m (plus an dscrete GPU) which is basically the same as that i3 but at a bit lower clockrate, but I haven't tried it with Dolphin in like 3 years. Nevertheless, 3 years ago it could only really run undemanding games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and even then I am unsure if it could run them at full speed.