Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 90% speed with 100% fps (60fps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm playing little with the speed of the emulation and I recognized how better/more realistic the NHL game looks when I slowed down the emulation to 90%.

The reason is because most of the animations were mo-captured in correct speed and then sped up, so the gameplay is faster.
I know that because I'm in contact with some of the game developers.

But what if you want to play realistically? With longer periods, authentic stats etc.
Yes you can slowdown the skating, shooting, passing etc., so the puck moves slower, with the in-game sliders, but the animations itself still running in higher speed. Which looks kinda funny, so to speak Smile

So ya, you can fix that (kinda) when you run the emulation at 90%.
But then you'll get around 52 fps not 60.
Also the audio is slower.
Yes, you can make the audio run at correct pitch, but it still feels little artificial.

So my questions/wishes are..

A) would it be possible to run (emulate) slower, but still "force" 60fps?

B) is it possible when you change the speed of the emulation, run the audio at original speed? (Probably desync with picture.)

Thanks! Smile
Doing either of those would require ugly hacks in either Dolphin or the game. I'm not sure how much effort it would take.
That's what I was afraid of Smile
Thanks