Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GT 710
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Here comes the stinky poor bastard"
Hello
I Finally found two GPU's that sorta fits inside my budget !
http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/zotac-gt7...karti.html
http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/msi-gt710...karti.html
But
There is something I noticed
There is an 40TL difference for GDDR3-GDDR5 and 1VS2 GB upgrade ! (In a country where 1Dollar=4.5TL)
1-So will GDDR5 card allow me to play Wave Race Blue Storm on everything on native ? (Native res (NTSC-PAL) and with no enhancements)

2-And will GDDR3 card allow me to play Wave Race Blue Storm on everything on native ? (Native res (NTSC-PAL) and with no enhancements)
If you have the AMD CPU listed in your profile, then you're probably going to be limited by that before you become GPU limited.

I wouldn't waste your money on that. You just don't have a very good computer to run Dolphin on and a GPU won't solve your problem.
A GT 710 is actually weaker than Intel integrated graphics, so I wouldn't really expect it to be much of an upgrade at all from your integrated HD 4250.

How much memory a video card has is not really an indicator of how fast it performs - an easy modern example is that a GTX 1060 3GB should pretty much always be way faster than a GTX 1050Ti 4GB.
The gddr5 is a cut down version of the 730 gddr5 and is quite a bit slower then the 730 gddr5. It is faster then the 730 gddr3, but that was such a bad card it really is not a victory at all.

So to specifically answer your question the 710 gddr5 is much better then the 710 gddr3 in almost every thing it does.... that being said odds are your system with the cpu and either gpu will probanly have issues with a lot of games. Wave race in particular I don't know since I don't own the game I am not sure how CPU or GPU heavy the game is.

Also the used market might be a better choice since a 660GTX will crush the performance of either of those 2 cards since they are more media adapter then gaming card. There are other older but better performing cards out there including a lot of r7 cards from AMD and used Nvidia cards that were dumped on the market the last time Crypto miners bought up the world's GPU supply and then quickly couldn't keep up any more.