Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: speed up dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any way to remove some features, component to dolphin so that it will increase its performance?

i dont really need the netplay feature so is it possible to remove that?
If you're not using netplay then you're not getting the slowdown associated with netplay. You won't benefit from recompiling Dolphin with all of the netplay stuff commented out. It's a similar story for pretty much every other setting - if it's off, it's got no performance impact.
It's possible to remove netplay, but if you are not using netplay such will have no impact on performance.

You can sometimes disable some parts of emulation (EFB / XFB / etc) to improve performance, but these are typically already set up optimally so most revisions will result in things being broken in game.
No.⠀⠀⠀
By removing features, you get a faster download because of a decreased binary size. But you won't get a faster execution.
even deleting the whole code for netplay?? can it increase speed of at least 0.1 seconds?
(02-06-2018, 08:32 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]even deleting the whole code for netplay?? can it increase speed of at least 0.1 seconds?

If you're not using netplay the code isn't being called/used... so no it will do absolutely nothing.

Maybe it is starting to become time to learn how to program....
i have a little bit of knowledge about programming, i was just wondering if you delete the whole code for netplay then will it increase speed?
No, it won't. Code which is not called has no overhead.