Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin freezes after a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hansol333

Hi first of all I am new to this emulator. I tried to play some Gamecube games but I didnt work.

Zelda 4 swords: worked but sound was kind of messed up (after I watched a lets play) after a while I came to a dead end. While I was performing the level change the game freezed but the sound still kept playing (or at least the noise). I saved a couple of times but the games stopped there every time.

Zelda wind waker:
similar, sound seemed broken, got the same music on the beach as in the houses. However the game freezes when I got the scope from my sister. the music keeps playing, the scope even stills moves infinite around but I can press any botton I cant do anything to progress.

Star Fox assault:
this worked best so far. I was able to beat the first level (space) the planet level after that and the first boss. Game crashed one time so far but then several times at the boss. Music sound ok and the crashes were not specific at one point (first 2 games are crashing and a reload doesnt help). Here I could load and continue but it still sucks if I have to save constantly.

any idea what I can do to fix it?
Please use at least Dolphin 5.0 (or even better, the latest development build). Dolphin 3.5 has tons of emulation problems that are going to be hard to solve if you stick with that version.
Those were almost all old-hle issues...

Hansol333

stupid me, I thought 3.5 was the latest version, well I downloaded it somewhere else and was too lazy to check if newer versions existed.

Ok I will check dolpin 5.0, if I dont come back everything is fine.

Sorry again for my stupidity.