Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Syncing Wiimote and Skyward Sword (unique problem?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dolphinuser12345

(x-posting on reddit as well, will post fixes I receive there)

Among the many related threads on this topic here and on google I couldn't find a solution to this specific problem. I can get to the screen in Skyward Sword that says, "Point the Wii Remote at the screen, and move [cursor] to the center" but no cursor appears and I can get no further. Perhaps relatedly, I frequently get stuck on the screen "Communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted", but occasionally manage to get passed this as described below.

I have:
1) A Wii Remote with MotionPlus, RVL-CNT-01-TR and a Nunchuk
2) Dolphin 5.0
3) A Mayflash Dolphinbar
4) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0)

System: Dell System Model: XPS8920 BIOS: 1.0.4 Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @3.60 GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM, DirectX 12

I use the following steps:
a) Switch on the Dolphinbar, press sync
b) Press the red button on the Wiimote to Sync
c) This typically causes a text box to appear saying something like, "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR is set up and ready to go"
c1) Frequently a single light appears on the Wiimore and Dolphinbar which I thought indicated success. But the Wiimote still appears to be disconnected and has no tactile response.
c2) If I am lucky after fiddling around for a while turning on and off the Dolphinbar, the Wiimote, and my computer, the game will say the Wiimote is connected. This means that: i) the Wiimote rumbles. ii) when I press the "Refresh" button in "Dolphin Controller Configuration" it rumbles again. At this point I can get to the screen: "Point the Wii Remote at the screen, and move [cursor] to the center" but I've never gotten past that.

Things I have tried:
i) Updating the firmware on the Dolphinbar (it said it was already up to date)
ii) Clicking and unclicking "Continuous Scanning" and "Enable Speaker Data"
iii) Using a different wireless access point other than the Dolphinbar. I did once manage to get the Wiimote to sync in the same sense as c2) above using this method but I got stuck on the same screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
I hear you dolphinuser12345 I am having the same issue. I had to use a regular WiiMote with the Motion + Attachment. It worked once. Also, if you need help look for the guide on how to set up "TR" WiiMotes. I tried the ones with it built in.
When you open the HOME menu, do you see a cursor?

If not, maybe it's because your bar's IR LEDs are broken. The remote relies on an infraled light source for the cursor functionality.

Also, I would suggest using the latest development version (which has TONS of improvements and fixes) instead of 5.0, which is more than one year old at this point.