Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin vs gcn/wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what is the best advantage of dolphin over gcn/wii?

am i the only one around here who likes playing on the emulator rather than the real console?
Quote:am i the only one around here who likes playing on the emulator rather than the real console?

You're on a forum dedicated to Dolphin, so I'm pretty sure you're not.

Personally, the two main advantages of Dolphin that I like are the convenience of it being right at my fingertips whenever I'm at the computer and the ability to use enhancements like a higher than native internal resolution. I'm pretty sure that the majority of users who don't pirate their games would cite similar reasons.
(02-02-2018, 12:17 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, the two main advantages of Dolphin that I like are the convenience of it being right at my fingertips whenever I'm at the computer and the ability to use enhancements like a higher than native internal resolution. I'm pretty sure that the majority of users who don't pirate their games would cite similar reasons.

This very much!

My first time playing Xenoblade Chronicles on my Real Wii was a mesh. The game practially screams for an online guide not to miss anything. I had to run forth and back to look up the guide on my PC and return to the Wii to resume playing. On a desktop PC it is much easier, especially when having two monitors, with one being dedicated to fullscreen Dolphin and another for guides and searching online for stuff. It is common for me to do with native PC games and other emulators as well.

Besides the better organization. Emulation allows for great visual improvements such as upscaling the resolution and using texture packs. 480p is a bit too low for my tastes these day, 4K is better. Using codes is much easier too. I mostly use codes to improve the experience rather than cheating such as disabling annoying popup messages (thank Gecko Codes for not making my experience with Skyward Sword even worser) or to improve quality such as draw distance, widescreen or FPS.

I really prefer the PC over all other systems. The PC master race, one system to rule all other systems. Basicially I can run whatever I want on my PC without the need of switching between multiple systems. The PC also obviously overcomes limitations provided by the actual consoles itself such as the resolution. It is all in one place, with the simple click of a button away.

Then again, I wouldn't prefer Dolphin above the actual consoles if I didn't visit these forums. Besides, it is a bit wasteful not to fully maximize my gaming experience through Dolphin when I have a good PC system.
(02-02-2018, 01:34 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]This very much!

My first time playing Xenoblade Chronicles on my Real Wii was a mesh. The game practially screams for an online guide not to miss anything. I had to run forth and back to look up the guide on my PC and return to the Wii to resume playing. On a desktop PC it is much easier, especially when having two monitors, with one being dedicated to fullscreen Dolphin and another for guides and searching online for stuff. It is common for me to do with native PC games and other emulators as well.

Besides the better organization. Emulation allows for great visual improvements such as upscaling the resolution and using texture packs. 480p is a bit too low for my tastes these day, 4K is better. Using codes is much easier too. I mostly use codes to improve the experience rather than cheating such as disabling annoying popup messages (thank Gecko Codes for not making my experience with Skyward Sword even worser) or to improve quality such as draw distance, widescreen or FPS.

I really prefer the PC over all other systems. The PC master race, one system to rule all other systems. Basicially I can run whatever I want on my PC without the need of switching between multiple systems. The PC also obviously overcomes limitations provided by the actual consoles itself such as the resolution. It is all in one place, with the simple click of a button away.

Then again, I wouldn't prefer Dolphin above the actual consoles if I didn't visit these forums. Besides, it is a bit wasteful not to fully maximize my gaming experience through Dolphin when I have a good PC system.

One system... I still need a Switch for my Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 and Golf Story and 1 2 Switch and Street Fighter 2 Ultimate and Splatoon 2 and PokkenTournamentDX, a PS4 for Gran Turismo and Uncharted and an XboX360 for my Halo 3-4 and so on...

Not yet fully 1 system, bro <3... but yeah... you know what I mean...
I also love Dolphin: Increased IR, Increased Textures, Being able to use any controller, all my games safe and a lovely collection on my external Drive...
One of the most underrated things about Dolphin (and emulators in general) I like over the real console is being able to use whatever controller I want. I love the GC controller, but many Wii games do fine mapped to a regular controller. I enjoyed playing SMG1&2 much more with a 360 controller.
actually N64 and GCN are not famous here in the philippines, ps1 and ps2 is the popular console here growing up, so as a matter of fact I havent see a N64/GCN in personal and I recently known those console because of dolphin, emulator also isnt popular here in the philippines as a matter of fact I havent own any consoles when I was a kid so emulators is a good way for us poor gamers to play games we didnt play before and in my opinion dolphin is better than the real thing.

P.S I dont pirate games I buy them online
(02-02-2018, 02:10 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]One of the most underrated things about Dolphin (and emulators in general) I like over the real console is being able to use whatever controller I want. I love the GC controller, but many Wii games do fine mapped to a regular controller. I enjoyed playing SMG1&2 much more with a 360 controller.

Ohh yeah, I totally agree. I used to use my Xbox 360 Controller as my favorite, but a Xbox One Controller is even better. Every game should be playable with a 360/One Controller.

The Super Mario Galaxy games were made to be played with a mouse and keyboard! Way better than the WiiMote, it tires me out eventually. A 360/One Controller works perfectly too, but using the mouse to collect the starbits is much smoother and faster.
am i the only one here who likes PS/F710 controller over xbox controller?
Probably, they're not very ergonomic to hold for longer play session. I do like the stick positioning (Playstation Style), but I'd much prefer a PS4 controller
one more thing about emulator is you can edit the controls to your liking, just like what i did with mario games R1 is run and X is fire
Pages: 1 2