Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade Chronicles keeps freezing for me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems to freeze randomly--just like how it says under its bio when it comes to Dolphin. But I read somewhere on another thread that it was fixed and that I should be using the current build for Dolphin. But the thing is I am. Its still freezing regardless. 

I was playing it in HD at one point and had cutscenes getting stuck alongside the freeze issue and slurring music whenever it was full screened. So I had to play the normal version of the iso, which apparently didnt have those issues except for freezing-- it was still there. For what it looks like, FPS drops happen when those freezes occurred. It also occurs when flashy skills happen I suppose.

I woulda thought GTX1060 would be powerful enough to handle this =.=

I need assistance with this.
Freezing isn't usually tied to GPU/CPU power - it's usually a flaw in Dolphin itself. It sounds like a fifo overflow/underflow, which is unavoidable in dualcore sometimes.
(02-01-2018, 03:23 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Freezing isn't usually tied to GPU/CPU power - it's usually a flaw in Dolphin itself.  It sounds like a fifo overflow/underflow, which is unavoidable in dualcore sometimes.

Oh. =/

So I should just wait for a fix then? 
There won't be a fix. He just said it's unavoidable. Some things you can try are forcing the Synchronize GPU Thread option, or disabling dual core mode. But honestly, Xenoblade isn't a game that should be crashing due to this, at least not in my experience. I notice that your profile says you're using Dolphin 3.5--that's incredibly ancient and outdated by now, so I wouldn't be surprised if your games were crashing on it. Try the latest development version and see if the problem persists. You need to be using at least 5.0 to get support on the forums anyway, but the dev versions are a lot better than 5.0.
(02-02-2018, 07:54 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]There won't be a fix. He just said it's unavoidable. Some things you can try are forcing the Synchronize GPU Thread option, or disabling dual core mode. But honestly, Xenoblade isn't a game that should be crashing due to this, at least not in my experience. I notice that your profile says you're using Dolphin 3.5--that's incredibly ancient and outdated by now, so I wouldn't be surprised if your games were crashing on it. Try the latest development version and see if the problem persists. You need to be using at least 5.0 to get support on the forums anyway, but the dev versions are a lot better than 5.0.

Oh, all of the information there is from like years ago. I hadn't updated it this year cuz I just came back to the site. I've been using 5.0 like i've said on the post. 
Also where do I find the Synchronoize GPU Thread option?
If you use 5.0 and single core, it shouldn't freeze. That's before we put SyncGPU on single core, so the timings should be lax enough there that it never freezes.