Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: gameshark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why do gameshark codes doesnt work on dolphin?? is it because sharks eats dolphin?
Yes

Are you now just making topics just for the sake of making topics?
(01-29-2018, 09:24 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes

Are you now just making topics just for the sake of making topics?

This ^^
(01-29-2018, 08:34 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]why do gameshark codes doesnt work on dolphin?? is it because sharks eats dolphin?

Ok... We love to help you out and you are free to ask all you want about Dolphin so you can use Dolphin with ease. But this... sharks? Are you taking this whole question actually seriously? You must know that the term gameshark does not refer to actual sharks, yes?

That leaves me to wonder, do you really want to know more about Dolphin? Or is it all about making a joke? As long your intention is to improve with and using Dolphin we are more than happy to help you. If it is the latter, I can't be bothered to help. If you really want to make a random joke, post it in the Random thread in the Delfino Plaza. It is better suited there.
(01-30-2018, 01:01 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... We love to help you out and you are free to ask all you want about Dolphin so you can use Dolphin with ease. But this... sharks? Are you taking this whole question actually seriously? You must know that the term gameshark does not refer to actual sharks, yes?

That leaves me to wonder, do you really want to know more about Dolphin? Or is it all about making a joke? As long your intention is to improve with and using Dolphin we are more than happy to help you. If it is the latter, I can't be bothered to help. If you really want to make a random joke, post it in the Random thread in the Delfino Plaza. It is better suited there.

I have the same issue with @cloudgaming who is trying to compile a list of games that run perfectly on Android but fails to recognize the blaring issue that is mobile drivers and differing devices. But at least he is trying to make posts that have more than a single line and actually trying to help people solve their issue(s).
sorry guys if i put a humor there, im just curious because im a newbie
So, is anyone going to answer the original question? Notwithstanding the shark joke, it's actually something most newbies don't know.

Anyway, the issue is that Dolphin isn't always accurate enough to emulate cheats. Some of the GC/Wii cheat devices do very unusual things that Dolphin can't handle (or currently handles incorrectly). Some of them might even be using GC/Wii hardware in ways that Nintendo never intended, making for undocumented effects.
thanks shonumi for the answer
I forgot to mention, Dolphin natively handles Action Replay and Gecko codes. The GameShark kind of stopped being relevant around the time the GC came out (they tried GC cheats briefly, but then focused on editing game saves instead of real-time cheats), and the Action Replay took over. On the Wii, Gecko codes became the dominant way to cheat. So, just remember, it's AR codes and Gecko codes, not GameShark or GameGenie codes.