Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome OS ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well , searching in my favorite tutorial websites( warning: spanish ) I found a tutorial to Try "Google Chrome OS" And I thought " What the hell is that?" and in the beginning of the article was a link to this video

Good idea or epic fail ?
So... you can't run normal programs? Just web applications?
I think just google chrome
Google OS is a fork of fork of linux ^^(yeah I know it sounds dumb but its true) and it's meant for netbooks such as Eee so it can't be an epic fail. It's a great idea for those who actively browse web, read mails at work or school or any other places. It will be intuitive, fast, reliable and probably less demanding the other OS in terms of power consumption, how do I know that? Just test chrome and see for yourself how great google coders are.
I also encourage you to try Eeebuntu.
On the other hand, Google ruling the internet is another story....
o god, afaik crome os uses javescript to do everything
a java/javascript os?!? do not want!
Chromium OS uses clouding computing, nothing is stored on your pc.
That means there won't be need for formatting HDD :o
pr0n dedicated OS!
do want! to see first malware shutting it down in a second ^^'
Can you download things to any storage device ? ( my SD for example Big Grin ? )
Epic Fail

IMO
I'm actually running it now and like it. You can tell that it's definitely fast. I mean that the fact that it is a beta build means some things are going to have to be reworked but still...
Google will soon dominate all that is dominatable.
Inevitably..
Pages: 1 2