Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game slowed down, but audio was unaffected?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Sin & Punishment: Star Successor last night, and in some places I noticed a lot of slow down despite the music and audio playing at the correct speed. I have played this game on console before, and while it does slow down here and there, it was never as significant. It goes without saying that I was not using an ancient version of Dolphin with asynchronous audio. I didn't have time stretching enabled either.

This isn't a bug report or a request for help, I just want to know whether I'm going crazy! I was running a Virtual Machine in the background AND I had exclusive Ubershaders enabled, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that my computer was over-taxed. I just don't understand why the music kept playing at normal speed. I never checked Dolphin's FPS counter either.

Has this behavior been known to happen?
This can happen if you are using the dual core mode and the bottleneck is in the GPU emulation rather than the CPU emulation (which doesn't sound unlikely if you're using exclusive ubershaders).
That makes sense enough, thank you!