Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] F1 (Formula One) 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
F1 2009

[Image: F1_2009_wii.jpg]

F1 2009 delivers an authentic and accessible recreation of the 2009 Formula One season, including, for the first time in a Formula One title, the stunning Singapore night race. The first Formula One release on Wii, F1 2009 will offer a variety of race modes, including a full racing season and individual arcade-style challenges. Customizable driver aids will be offered to individual players, so both novice and expert drivers will be able to keep their car on track. In the game's multiplayer mode, driver aids will enable friends and families of different abilities to play together in wheel-to-wheel split screen co-operative and competitive multiplayer races.

F1 2009 marks Lewis Hamilton's debut in a videogame and will enable players to take to the wheel of his McLaren MP4-24 Formula One car and battle to retain his FIA Formula One World Championship crown. The 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship promises to be one of the most exciting and closely fought, thanks to new regulations on aerodynamics, slick tires and the introduction of the KERS boost system, which is designed to aid overtaking.

IGN.com

General Settings
  • Dual Core: Enabled
  • Idle Skipping: Enabled
  • Unlimited JIT Cache: Disabled
  • LLE DSP on thread: Enabled
  • Optimize Quantiziers: Enabled
  • Use the JIT Dynarec: Enabled
  • Watchdog: 60

Wii Settings
  • Progressive Scan: Disabled

OpenGL/Direct3D Settings

No special settings to mention

DSP Settings

No special settings to mention

Emulated Wiimote Settings

Extension:
  • Nunchuck

Known Problems

Speed varies from game mode you choose: Time Trial runs game at full speed, while Grand Prix runs at 30 FPS. Cutscenes and videos flicker a bit with Direct3D.

Overall

Game seems to be fully playable, but speed is an issue. Controls are fine, sound works really well and graphics are fully working Status: [color=#0000CD]Playable[/color]

Screenshots/Videos

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask your questions in this thread.
How it can run with my intel E2200 cpu?
wiimote works too! fun game!

mikebailey420

i have trouble getting fps up even in time trial. it will not go over 20 fps. i only get 8-11 in any other mode. i have an athlon 5200+ oc'd to 3.25 ghz, 2 gb ddr2-800 ram and an ATI hd4890 video card, running windows 7 ultimate x86. Operating system, dolphin, and rom are all on a raid array of 2 sata 2 hard drives. i have set up what i can according to what you have posted, but i run the newest svn so some of the settings you listed are not available. i have also tried it with v4771, and same results.
Switch EFB Copy to Texture (hack) in GFX settings

Paul Maguire

do you know a way to improve gamespeed? My computer is very uptodate and i can play most games at full graphics etc. However will this slow framerate still effect me. My computer has:
Processor

PHENOM II X4 945 3.0GHZ SKT AM3 L2/L3 8MB

Motherboard

ASUS M4A78-AM AM2+ 780G MATX

Memory

2 X 2GB 667MHZ DDR2 NON-ECC CL5 DIM

Graphics Card

RADEON HD 5750 1GB DX11 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI

Hard Disk

MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX23 500GB SATA 3.5IN 7200RPM