Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I may just have screwed up my computer EDIT: fixed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is not directly Dolphin related but appeared when I tried to solve a Dolphin problem I had. I have a dualboot with Vista 32 bit and XP 64 bit, with XP 64 bit being newly installed. I couldn't use DSounnd in Dolphin in XP 64 (See this issue http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...&start=100) so I went to the driver CD's that came with my PC, and ran some driver setups from the CD "P5N-D", "Nvidia 750iSLI Chipset Support CD Rev.357.01". There were 4 setups on it, I ran the one called something like audio driver and maybe one more in XP 64. It prompted me to reboot to complete so I did. But then I get a naughty surprise: Before I get to OS selection menu, I get this message:
"Welcome to ASUS Motherboard for DOS menu", ans I need to select the option "Make NNIDIA SATA RAID Driver Disk" for either Vista/XP 32/64 bit. Only Vista 32 bit worked, but when I select it it says "Insert formated floppy in drive A:" which I don't know what even means. I have all my important data backed up of course but I really don't want to format anything...
Thanks to anyone that can get me out of this mess.
Check devices priority at BIOS menu. Set 1st as Floppy blah blah...
Hey I just rebooted the thing now and without doing anything I was able to select OS and I started Vista and it worked like usual. If the sound thing was even solved for XP 64 remains to see but I'm not sure if I want to try these kinds of installations againSad
Sound is working in XP? Just not in Dolphin? Make sure to use the DSP-HLE Auido plugin. And in the config options, make sure to choose DSound with all the options enabled.
Yes I do that. Actually I haven't checked if sound works for other things in XP 64... it may not even be a Dolphin specific problem.
Well, he said that HLE plugin doesn't work for him. It seems like sound card driver failed.
Yeap, sounds like it's a problem with the soundcard or with it's drivers, not specifically with Dolphin.