Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suddenly can't run games when using my graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NosphoDhemmos

When trying to load any gamecube game, i will get the following messages:[attachment=16787][attachment=16788][attachment=16789] This problem started yesterday, i don't remember changing any configuration aside anti-aliasing and anysotropic filtering, and i know using those configurations should be of no problem because i played The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker with them enabled with no problems. After the messages the game tries to load but Dolphin crashes, even on wind waker which i actually played for a while.

I 'm using the latest Dolphin version (5.0), which i downloaded days ago.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-450M 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 325M
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Sounds like Windows may have installed an update that broke something. Go to Nivida.com and download and reinstall their latest driver. Do a Google search for the DirectX Web Updater and have that run a repair. And grab the latest dev build of Dolphin.
yep, every windows update I have to redo everything. It's getting very annoying.
This is weird because on my machines after I install the latest driver from nvidia, Windows stops trying to update the GPU driver.

Dunno what I'm doing differently
It's usually only the big number change updates that break things for me. They do 3 things: break my Nvidia driver and make me reinstall it, turn fast boot back on (it's a terrible thing that should never exist), and reset the number of cores used to boot (if you use msconfig, under Boot > advanced options there is the option to change how many cores are used to start. Windows defaults to 1, I always set it to the max number, which makes it boot faster than fast boot)

NosphoDhemmos

(01-22-2018, 04:41 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like Windows may have installed an update that broke something. Go to Nivida.com and download and reinstall their latest driver. Do a Google search for the DirectX Web Updater and have that run a repair. And grab the latest dev build of Dolphin.

Tried all that and no effect Sad

Edit: I actually fixed it, nvm. I deleted everything in the Documents/Dolphin Emulator (Bar GC, as i wanted my saves), uninstalled dolphin and installed again. Thanks!