Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FE Radiant Dawn Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been messing with the settings for the better part of 24 hours. I can't get it to run faster than like 45%-50%, which is making me sick in combat (THE WEAPON BLUR!!!).
I don't know how to clear the cache, but i've spent like half an hour researching and i've given up finding out that way (thus this post)
I have never messed with the nvidia control panel, so if I could get some advice with that as well, that'd be awesome.
I'm currently using the "Best Settings"found in multiple youtube videos for version 5 (which is the version I'm using)

Computer Specs:
My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 765m
I have an Intel Core i7-4700hq cpu @ 2.40ghz
16 Gigs of ram

In short, please help!
(01-21-2018, 06:45 AM)CarnageSuit Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been messing with the settings for the better part of 24 hours. I can't get it to run faster than like 45%-50%, which is making me sick in combat (THE WEAPON BLUR!!!).
I don't know how to clear the cache, but i've spent like half an hour researching and i've given up finding out that way (thus this post)
I have never messed with the nvidia control panel, so if I could get some advice with that as well, that'd be awesome.
I'm currently using the "Best Settings"found in multiple youtube videos for version 5 (which is the version I'm using)

Computer Specs:
My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 765m
I have an Intel Core i7-4700hq cpu @ 2.40ghz
16 Gigs of ram

In short, please help!

Okay, basic advice for laptops - make sure your Windows power plan is set to high performance, that can cause a lot of these kinda of issues.
Also, go into NVIDIA control panel, manage 3D settings and find the setting called power management mode. Set that to prefer maximum performance.
Then try the latest development versions in case this is a bug that's been fixed between the last stable version and now.
If it's still not working after that we can try a few other things.
1) Firstly, download the latest dev build of Dolphin: go to the downloads page and scroll down. As of this post, the latest is 5.0-6203
2) Since you said you've been messing with your settings and the cache, lets "reset" Dolphin. Go to Documents > Dolphin Emulator and move the Cache and Config folder to the Desktop (this keeps them as a backup just in case).
3) Go to Nvidia.com and download the latest GPU driver for your 765M to make sure you're on the most up to date version and to make sure that the Nvidia Control Center and Geforce Experience are up to date.
4) Run the latest dev build of Dolphin at least once at this point to make sure Nvidia Control Panel will pick it up.
5) Right-click on your desktop and you'll see the shortcut for Nvidia Control Panel. Go to 3D settings > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings. Dolphin should be in the #1 dropdown list, if not then add it. Then at #2 dropdown make sure it says Nvidia GPU. Then scroll down to power management and set that to High Performance. Then hit Apply in the bottom right corner.
6) Go to Window Power Options and make sure you have it set to high performance.
7) Make sure you have your power adapter plugged in when gaming.
Well now its running wicked fast, and i just need to reset my controller settings, which are all acting really weird. Its taking a "long time" (by which i mean a few seconds) between when i press a button and when it works. I reconfiggured the keyboard so that a and s are a and b, but its been so long since i've held a wiimote that i don't remember what each button does.
Could i maybe get a reccomendation as to which buttons i should set where? Cuz right now it says up is up and down is down but.... up is left and down is right...

But all in all, Thanks guys!
I think all you need to do is check either the sideways or upright wiimote setting
Now that I can actually play, and without throwing up, I'm wondering if there's an action repaly master code for FERD. Mostly just want the golds. Cuz I want to get the good gears. XP is just too op.