Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii channels from NUS don't work and it is impossible to update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

smerdjakov

Hello! I've recently gotten deeper into more "authentic" emulation, meaning that now my Dolphin (5.0) emulates Wii System Menu. I dumped all of my files needed with NUS Downloader. Well, I first tried System Menu v513 (4.3U). All seemed fine (although the 'Health and Safety' screen was missing for some reason) until I tried to install Mii Channel (also dumped with NUS Downloader — latest version). After installation the channel simply didn't show up. I then tried going on the very first version — v97 (2.0U), and Mii Channel worked like a charm (I also installed some other channels like Shopping Channel and the all worked fine, save for internet configuration).

Then I tried to play a game — New Super Mario Bros. Wii was my choice (and yes, ISO does correspond with the region of System Menu — namely USA). When selecting 'Change Disc' I received a message: 'Initiating system update'. Then a blue progress bar showed up and 'completed successfully'; that seemed weird to me, as I didn't have internet connection at the time. Anyway, the system rebooted and upon trying to play the game I was met with the same procedure, for which I eventually realised it looped. I tried configuring my wired and wireless connection but was always met with Error: 32004.

I tried diagnosing the problem. Perhaps the culprit were the certificates. Well, I followed this guide and consequently acquired clientca.pem, clientcakey.pem, rootca.pem and copied them to %userprofile%\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\. Now the update should work, but I still get Error: 32004 (Nintendo even specified that this error is due "unofficial modified software", so I had high hopes)

I'm now between a rock and a hard place: if I choose v97 then I won't be able to play most games released on Wii after 2008 (NSMBW was released in 2009 and didn't work), but provided that I choose v513 I won't be able to install any channels. I would like to have both. Please, provide your help. Thank you in advance.
You may want to try again with 4.3U using the latest dev build of Dolphin, as there were some bugs fixed in regards to how the Menu is handled since the 5.0 stable.
If you're using 5.0, there's absolutely no way it will work correctly because of how broken old versions are for rarely used IOS services.

Edit: btw, it's actually worse than that. If you have used any old Dolphin version, your NAND is very likely to be bad (because of bugs).
If you are on the internet, do not download the NAND from NUS downloader but download it with the menu option in the same menu where you start your Wii-menu. This way you are sure you will get the latest working version of the NAND you need, this option was made available some time after the release of 5.0 thus also use the latest development build found on the download page if you scroll down a bit.