Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: will enhancing the source code speed up dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does the speed of the emulator also relies on the source code??
If you're having to ask this question then I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood something and I'm not sure what or how to explain it, but the answer is pretty much 'yes, of course.'
(01-19-2018, 09:14 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]does the speed of the emulator also relies on the source code??

I mean, the source code is what dolphin is built from, if you have a look at the pr's on github you can see the changes people are making to it, and they usually have explanations what the changes do.
(01-19-2018, 09:14 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]does the speed of the emulator also relies on the source code??

Without source code there is no emulator... thus: yes.

Can the source code be optimized more? Probably, I'd say take a look at it and see what improvements you can make to it that actually make it run faster without breaking anything
So, I'm waiting for a PR which removes all redundant white spaces to speed up the emulation Wink
I should make a PR that removes any video rendering the emulator does. That would definitely be a major performance boost.
(01-21-2018, 02:26 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I should make a PR that removes any video rendering the emulator does. That would definitely be a major performance boost.

We already have that as an option, actually Wink
(01-21-2018, 02:26 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I should make a PR that removes any video rendering the emulator does. That would definitely be a major performance boost.
I already did: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3813

You should try it, it is the fastest video backend ever. Its speedup, especially on mobile devices, is so great...
You're right, how could I forget that? It's weird how all these people complaining about speed don't just try using it.
Perfect for blind speedruns.
Pages: 1 2