Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Super Mario Sunshine was running somewhat normal except for the title screen. Lately it's been dropping to 5 fps in the main area. This didn't happen before. I have V-sync off, Anti-Aliasing is set to none, Anisotropic Filtering is set to 1x, Scaled EFB Copy is off, and Synchronize GPU Thread is on. I'm kinda stuck here. It's like it picks an area and decides to drop. 2 days ago the main area was running at 30fps the whole time. I'm not sure what else to do? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
Thought specs would automatically post
Intel i5-7600
Nvidia 1060 6GB
G.Skill DDR4 16 GB
Windows 10
Dolphin Version: 4.0652 and 5.8.7 (It happens on both)
Are your cpu and gpu set to high performance? What graphics backend are you using and what is your internal resolution?
(01-19-2018, 11:44 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Are your cpu and gpu set to high performance? What graphics backend are you using and what is your internal resolution?

Not sure how to check cpu and gpu performance. The only thing I see is CPU options. Enable CPU Clock Override is off and the slider is about 3/4 of the way. I've never messed with it so it should be default. Backend is Direct3D 11 and internal resolution is 640x528. 
CPU and GPU to high performance is set in Windows, not Dolphin.
For CPU related, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options and make sure you have that set to High Performance.
For GPU, go to the Nvidia Control Panel and then 3D settings, and make a profile for Dolphin, and make the power management set to prefer high performance.
(01-20-2018, 03:59 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]CPU and GPU to high performance is set in Windows, not Dolphin.
For CPU related, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options and make sure you have that set to High Performance.
For GPU, go to the Nvidia Control Panel and then 3D settings, and make a profile for Dolphin, and make the power management set to prefer high performance.

CPU was already high performance. I removed and installed Nvidia drivers/programs as my GeForce Experience and Control Panel weren't showing up. This may have had something to do with the issues. I just made the profile for Dolphin but should I also disable V-Sync for Dolphin (in Nvidia Control Panel)?
It’s generally best to not have the driver force anything since Dolphin does things differently than PC games
I see you are using an old version of Dolphin as well... Please download the latest develoment version from the download page, just scroll down a bit. Versions before 5.0 master are not supported (anymore) on this forum. For the Faster Melee build you need to go to the forums of that project and ask around there.
(01-20-2018, 10:05 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I see you are using an old version of Dolphin as well... Please download the latest develoment version from the download page, just scroll down a bit. Versions before 5.0 master are not supported (anymore) on this forum. For the Faster Melee build you need to go to the forums of that project and ask around there.

I'm using 4.0-652 because it's the only version that allows netplay with memory cards that doesn't cause ridiculous desync. I can't even play Mario Party games on the current version without desync. This happens with everyone from work, with or without me. I will go to 5.0 as soon as they fix that issue.  
I made all the changes but I'm still dropping to 8 fps in certain areas. It seems like the game only has issues with certain things. For instance, Delfino Plaza is no longer dropping after I opened up the next area by defeating the enemy that loaded in Delfino Plaza. Now when I go to the lighthouse level 3 (The caged shine sprite) it does it here. I'm not sure if this is something that is common or if I should just start the game completely over and see if it remains. 8 fps makes the game pretty much unplayable.
Changing the backend to Direct3D 9 seems to have fixed the issue. At least for the Caged Shine Sprite. It is now running at 30 fps. Hopefully that will be the end of it. Thanks for all the help so far. I will come back or make a new thread if it happens again.
Pages: 1 2