Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can This Run Shadow The Hedgehog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Processor AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 1700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
k thx thats it
Probably not well. The E2 APU has the ultra-low-power "bobcat" cores, so it's more comparable to mobile ARM CPUs than 'desktop' level in performance. The GPU will also be slow, and won't support new APIs like vulkan as it's based on a rather old architecture, and again is more comparable to more modern mobile GPUs in terms of performance than even the "integrated" graphics on more modern systems.
(01-19-2018, 06:30 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD E2-1800

It'll "run" but it won't be playable at all - you're looking a performance comparable to a single core Athlon 64 from almost 15 years ago.

(Source: I own a laptop with an E-350 which is pretty much the same processor but at 1600MHz; and also had a desktop PC running an Athlon 64 x2 until around 2015 or so)

If you really want a cheap APU in a laptop that should have at least decently good performance in Dolphin, then keep your eyes peeled for the recently-launched Ryzen 2200U.
(01-19-2018, 06:37 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]It'll "run" but it won't be playable at all - you're looking a performance comparable to a single core Athlon 64 from almost 15 years ago.

If you really want a cheap APU in a laptop that should have at least decently good performance, keep your eyes peeled for the recently-launched Ryzen 2200U.

I own the Xbox version but I was tryin to get this version playable so me and my little sis could play the story mode together 
EDIT: Somehow the CG cutscenes run at 60 FPS but the game its self runs at like 35-5 FPS
Do you or someone you know happen to have any old PCs laying around unused? As I alluded to, even an old Athlon 64 x2, Sempron x2, Phenom, Pentium E, or Core 2 Duo/Quad system would be quite a bit faster, though they would likely need a semi-modern GPU to go with it.

(01-19-2018, 06:41 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]I own the Xbox version but I was tryin to get this version playable so me and my little sis could play the story mode together

Let's put it this way - the processor in the original Xbox should have comparable if not better performance-per-MHz than that E2-1800 processor.

(though the original Xbox's processor runs at 733MHz instead)

(01-19-2018, 06:41 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow the CG cutscenes run at 60 FPS but the game its self runs at like 35-5 FPS

The CG cutscenes are just videos so they're going to be easier to emulate.

If you already own the E2-1800 system then make sure you're running the newest development version of Dolphin.  You may also want to try lowering the "CPU clock override" which can reduce the load on your processor but also may cause some weird issues in-game.
(01-19-2018, 06:50 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]The CG cutscenes are just videos so they're going to be easier to emulate.

If you already own the E2-1800 system then make sure you're running the newest development version of Dolphin.  You may also want to try lowering the "CPU clock override" which can reduce the load on your processor but also may cause some weird issues in-game.

Lastly, do you or someone you know happen to have any old PCs laying around unused?  As I alluded to, even an old Athlon 64 x2 or Core 2 Duo system would be quite a bit faster, though they would likely need a semi-modern GPU to go with it.

I have a semi-new PC lying around...
It can run Gmod well but I cant be bothered to change it not to mention idek where that is
(01-19-2018, 06:51 AM)ehroyals81 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant be bothered to change it not to mention idek where that is

Well other than the "CPU clock override" setting in Dolphin that I mentioned (which may very well cause more problems than not) and using the newest Dolphin development build, there's not a whole lot more you can really do.