Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: B button wants to close down Dolphin (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CoMaestro

I just set up my PC to stream Dolphin to my laptop through Steam's Family Sharing, but everytime I connect a (Xbox One) controller to the laptop it shows that it's being recognized, and everything works, but when I press B it acts like I wanna close the game down with the message 'Are you sure you want to close the application'.

I did however just get it to work regularly somehow by re-programming the controller a couple of times, but I have no idea how. Could anyone help with this?
MAybe somewhere (like the hotkey settings) have the B button mapped to Escape, which is the prompt for Dolphin to shutdown
(01-17-2018, 07:36 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]MAybe somewhere (like the hotkey settings) have the B button mapped to Escape, which is the prompt for Dolphin to shutdown

I don't think so. The question that Dolphin asks when you press Escape is "Do you want to stop the current emulation?", not anything like "Are you sure you want to close the application". It might be Steam that's doing this rather than Dolphin.

CoMaestro

(01-17-2018, 07:43 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. The question that Dolphin asks when you press Escape is "Do you want to stop the current emulation?", not anything like "Are you sure you want to close the application". It might be Steam that's doing this rather than Dolphin.

Apologies, that's the exact message, thought I had it off the top of my head
(01-17-2018, 08:04 AM)CoMaestro Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies, that's the exact message, thought I had it off the top of my head

Ah, okay. Then maybe Steam is mapping B to Escape, and Dolphin is treating Escape as exiting the emulation (because that's how Dolphin's hotkeys are set up by default). Go to the hotkey settings, and either disable the Stop hotkey or map it to something different.

CoMaestro

(01-17-2018, 08:09 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, okay. Then maybe Steam is mapping B to Escape, and Dolphin is treating Escape as exiting the emulation (because that's how Dolphin's hotkeys are set up by default). Go to the hotkey settings, and either disable the Stop hotkey or map it to something different.

After I set the hotkey within Dolphin from Escape to Backspace it stopped, so think you were right, thanks!
I ran into this same issue today (17/01/2024), never noticed this issue before but after setting Dolphin up again because I upgraded internal memory to a 2TB on my Steam Deck, I then ran into this issue (I never had in on my previous installation on my old SSD).

It would seem that if I pressed the B Button on my Steam Deck, it would pop up the message if I wanted to close the emulated game.

After looking around I found a solution

Under the Options/Hotkey Setting, I changed the Device to evdev/0/AT Translated Set 2 keyboard

Now I can play games without my controller interfering or asking me if I want to end emulation.

At the same time, I have also noticed another problem (which I never had before), when navigating my Steam Deck, buttons like Directional Buttons will respond as if they have been pressed twice, making it very hard to navigate where I want to be.

Only notice this when running Dolphin (never had it on my old SSD) only solution is to fully shut down and restart the Steam Deck after running Dolphin.