Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hi and low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On wind waker I get full speed all the time while on twilight princess I get 70% speed most of the time, I bought my notebook 4 Years ago.

[color=#339933]I am using the latest dolphin build v5.0 - 6194[/color]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my current PC's specs are:

APU -----> AMD A10 - 5745m 2.9 GHz 4 cores

GPU -----> AMD RADEON HD 8610 G + 8600 M dual graphics

Ram -----> 8Gb ddr3

OS   -----> Win 8.1 x64

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My old PC's specs are:

my current PC's specs are:

CPU -----> AMD Athlon II x 2 245 2.9 GHz

GPU -----> ATI Radeon HD 4350

Ram -----> 4Gb ddr 2

OS   -----> Win 7 x64
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're asking why, it's because Twilight Princess is more demanding than Wind Waker.

If you're asking what you can do to improve performance, the most obvious is to use the newest developmental build of Dolphin (though maybe you already are? you didn't say).
your CPU is abysmal. Even 4 years ago.

There isn't much you can do.
Enable dual Core in settings, Use external card for rendering, use dx11 plugin

Also, vulkan plugin would be also fast, and at least you can choose card for rendering from the options inside emulator. Lowering scaling would also speed up things.

If thats still lagging, then use afterburner or process explorer or other cpu/gpu monitoring tool to verify where is the proble (which part of hardware has 100% use)
Dual core is enabled by default

They're on a laptop, they can't use a dGPU.

They should use Vulkan yes.