Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Let's talk about the Wii console itself for a second.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking about buying one but I have an HDTV. Now whenever I go to Future Shop and see the Wii systems that they have set up there, they look horrible with upscaled image and whatnot. Are those Wii's just not set up right or do they actually look that bad?
It's better with component cables, seems to notice fewer jaggies. Some TVs can improve the image, make it look a little sharper, I have 2 HDs and the most expensive one seems to do some enchantment for games (at least it says that in the manual).

Anyway when your into a game like Galaxy or Brawl on wii, you forget all about jaggies and blurrines. (Playing them on Dolphin however...)
Actually what I think I'll do is rent a Wii, hook it up to my HDTV and see if it bugs me. Tongue Seems like the safest bet. The other thing is, though: There's a box you can put your component cables into that's supposed to do a decent upscale to 720p. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Upscaling is still upscaling. Might look a little better but don't expect a miracle since you can't add pixels that were never there in the first place (before someone flames me for that you know what I meant). Wii can only output at up to 480p, period, your resolution will never be higher than 720 x 480 since the graphics chipset doesn't support anything higher, so yes it is blurry and their is nothing that you can do about it but you will get used to it trust me, and if you don't then use dolphin and support the community/devs as best you can.
(11-20-2009, 03:20 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Upscaling is still upscaling. Might look a little better but don't expect a miracle since you can't add pixels that were never there in the first place (before someone flames me for that you know what I meant). Wii can only output at up to 480p, period, your resolution will never be higher than 720 x 480 since the graphics chipset doesn't support anything higher, so yes it is blurry and their is nothing that you can do about it but you will get used to it trust me, and if you don't then use dolphin and support the community/devs as best you can.
or stop complaining and live with it
* DacoTaco plays Contra rebirth from his wii on his 18" monitor on fullscreen -> 1280x960
I've got no problem with my HD TV, it's even more awesome 'cause I'm action whore, not graphics Tongue
(11-21-2009, 02:29 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2009, 03:20 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Upscaling is still upscaling. Might look a little better but don't expect a miracle since you can't add pixels that were never there in the first place (before someone flames me for that you know what I meant). Wii can only output at up to 480p, period, your resolution will never be higher than 720 x 480 since the graphics chipset doesn't support anything higher, so yes it is blurry and their is nothing that you can do about it but you will get used to it trust me, and if you don't then use dolphin and support the community/devs as best you can.
or stop complaining and live with it
* Daco plays Contra rebirth from his wii on his 18" monitor on fullscreen -> 1280x960

He's not complaining, he's telling the truth. That is the proper way to answer a question.
Read his statement again Mr. Daco.
@ NaturalViolence I see what you mean, thats why i don't have nor need a wii.
(11-21-2009, 04:20 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got no problem with my HD TV, it's even more awesome 'cause I'm action whore, not graphics Tongue

Whats all this whore talk about Rolleyes
Thanks you for saying that diddy, you saved me 4 seconds of typing, wait, no now that I have typed this you didn't Tongue.
(11-21-2009, 05:42 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean, thats why i don't have nor need a wii.

Wait a sec, what's this post is about then:

(09-30-2009, 10:08 PM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Sticky this thread immediately
I was about to update. Angry

o_O"

toxikmuzik

720 x 480..thats a ballsack resolution. lol good thing i sold my wii, if i connected that to my 28" lcd (1920 x 1200), i would witness hell for real.
Pages: 1 2