Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-9196: Eternal Darkness possibly glitched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings,

I am playing Eternal Darkness on Dolphin 4.0-9196 on a Mac. During Chapter 9 (A War to End All Wars), playing as Peter Jacob, there is a room with a small hole in the wall, through which a Trapper can pass. I summon the creature but as soon as it crosses the hole I can no longer control it and the game abruptly cuts back to Peter. It doesn't look like natural gameplay. I have also tried looking at videos and walkthroughs to see if I am doing anything wrong, but it also doesn't look like it. I can provide more details of my notebook or emulator version if necessary, but it all points to there being a glitch preventing my progress within the game.

Has anybody ever encountered this kind of problem? Is there a way to solve it?

Thank you very much.
First you should be using at least 5.0 if not the latest development version, we don't support anything less.
(01-13-2018, 10:30 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]First you should be using at least 5.0 if not the latest development version, we don't support anything less.

I just downloaded the 5.0 version and tried many times on it but unfortunately the same thing keeps happening.
Is this happening in both the 5.0 stable build and the most recent 5.0 dev build?
I downloaded the first one from this list (from the stable versions):

https://it.dolphin-emu.org/download/
Scroll down to the most recent dev build and try that.
(01-13-2018, 02:44 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Scroll down to the most recent dev build and try that.

I did that, but it is not recognizing the keyboard nor does it allow me to reconfigure the controller (despite also being mute). Should I just download all the dev build versions until I find one that is working?
(01-13-2018, 02:55 PM)Milyc Wrote: [ -> ]I did that, but it is not recognizing the keyboard nor does it allow me to reconfigure the controller (despite also being mute). Should I just download all the dev build versions until I find one that is working?

Have you tried reconfiguring your controllers after you got the new development version? EDIT: ah you did. Could you try putting an empty portable.txt in the same folder as the dolphin.exe to see if that solves the issue?

If that doesn't help, it will be very helpful to find the last version where it WAS working and the first version it wasn't, in that way the dev's will be able to pinpoint what change caused the regression. There is a Bisecting tool floating around the forum that will help you do just that so you don't have to actually test EVERY single version.

EDIT: you can find the tool here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...ken-builds
I tried the portable.txt suggestion but it didn't work. As for this Bisection tool, according to the description it only works on Windows (I am on a Mac), is it correct? Thanks.
(01-14-2018, 01:03 AM)Milyc Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the portable.txt suggestion but it didn't work. As for this Bisection tool, according to the description it only works on Windows (I am on a Mac), is it correct? Thanks.

Oh, please update your profile then as well please Smile I completely missed you stating it was a Mac and went with most of the information in your profile Smile

Bisect tool is only for windows IIRC.

Well, the easiest way to bisect your issue is: Take the version you know that's working and the version you know that doesn't work and take the version in the middle of that. If that version works, take you take the new one that works and go in between the not working version and the new working version you got. Same goes if it doesn't work, then you of course take the new not working version and the last version you know that works. Keep on going until you get 2 versions that are "next to each other" 1 working, 1 not working, and give us the information you just found here.
Pages: 1 2 3