Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I Need Help![Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Windhunter7

Hey, guys, so I recently just bought a brand new, Nintendo official Wii Remote Plus(And it is the RVL-CNT-01-TR version), and I'm trying to connect it to Dolphin 3.5-1522(Including the line "MotionPlusConnected = True" in the WiimoteNew.ini, as well as the "WiiMotion+ ModFiles" provided from the first link below); my problem is that I'm trying to play Skyward Sword, and even though I can connect a normal remote, Skyward Sword requires the Motion+; I can emulate it with keyboard controls, but I can only move and use the buttons(And shake the remotes), I've tried multiple configurations for "dowsing" and swinging the sword with the keyboard, but can't figure out anything; and because the sword is needed to progress in the game, I can't even enter the cavern to rescue the Red Loftwing

Can someone please tell me either what I'm doing wrong, or alternatively, keyboard preset bindings for what I mentioned? I would prefer the remote to work, if possible

This is where I got the "ModFiles" to make Motion+ remotes work thatI mentioned from:
https://youtu.be/AH7abWWaKk4

This is the tutorial I followed:
https://youtu.be/LpdfH-TFl7o

Using Windows 10, x64

Any help at all is appreciated! Thanks!
We don't support anything other than 5.0 and whatever the latest dev build at the time is here. Most of the issues with builds older than this are resolved in new ones, so an upgrade is usually the quickest fix anyway.

If I had to guess, though, you're trying to use an old, dodgy build from the old, dodgy emulated Wii Motion+ fork to try and get your Motion+ Wiimote to work. If that's the case, you've misunderstood what you need, as you don't need any build in particular to get a real Wiimote to work. Grab the latest dev build, and whatever your problem is should just magically vanish.

Windhunter7

It worked, and is totally awesome! Thank you so much!!! Big Grin