Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i notice that dolphin size is 17 MB and i was just wondering if the emulator size is 200MB will it enhance performance on low end computer??

dont be kinky Smile
N​o​.
I rather have Dolphin being smaller than being larger in size. 200MB might still not be a lot, but the next thing someone will say is that Dolphin should be at least 2GB in space. Space is precious on my SSD.
What.
It does make a little bit of sense - Visual Studio offers both Release and MinSizeRelease builds for CMake-based projects, for example, with the expectation being that there's a tradeoff between fast code and code that doesn't cause thrashing of the instruction cache. Also, if we did start bundling Dolphin with hand-selected statically recompiled bits of games where it was both technically possible and gave a decent speedup, that would make Dolphin bigger. Of course, even ignoring the technical problems with doing such a thing, we'd have to wait a good few decades for Wii and GameCube games to fall out of copyright and into the public domain.
Ugh, so the other thread was the second time you did this! Well, you were already warned for the other one, and this one is a bit milder, so I'll just change the title and lock it. Just don't do it again.

*waves her magic moderator wand*

Closed.