Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Failed to submit command buffer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to know, with some games that I launch for instance with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, I get the warning, "Failed to submit command buffer" is there a way to fix this error?
This normally means that there's a bug in your GPU driver - make sure you have the latest version (from the vendor website, as the versions on "windows update" can often be old and buggy).

Also, make sure that you haven't overridden any settings from the default in the graphics control panel - I know at least 'forcing' MSAA in that doesn't interact well with dolphin on NVidia drivers.
(01-12-2018, 03:55 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]This normally means that there's a bug in your GPU driver - make sure you have the latest version (from the vendor website, as the versions on "windows update" can often be old and buggy).

Also, make sure that you haven't overridden any settings from the default in the graphics control panel - I know at least 'forcing' MSAA in that doesn't interact well with dolphin on NVidia drivers.
Thanks for the reply, it was indeed the Anti-aliasing that was the issue, not just MSAA, but SSAA as well, so basically Anti-Aliasing in general. So I won't be able to use that in dolphin itself
You should be able to use it if you turn it on in Dolphin. It's the forced-via-the-driver version that breaks things.
FYI - this should have been fixed as of a merge a few days ago.