Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Help] Failed to load d3dcompiler_47.dll when using dev build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm unable to play anything when using Dolphin 5.0-6159 dev build, yet I can run games using the regular client just fine. I didn't have this issue earlier this year when I used a much older build to Netplay Wii games. Why am I suddenly being told I failed to load d3dcompiler_47.dll? My client just crashes when I hit "Ok" and being told it failed to create "D3D Device".

My specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 64
Processor/CPU: AMD 8350
Video Card/GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G
Memory/RAM: Corsair 16 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 5.0-6159
Have you installed the latest Windows Updates? Specifically KB4019990.
(01-11-2018, 04:20 PM)Stenzek Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed the latest Windows Updates? Specifically KB4019990.

I believe so. I checked for Windows Update and I didn't see KB4019990 in any of them.
Do a Google search for the DirectX Web updater and run that. You may be missing some files/have corrupted files.
Also, there are some D3D features that aren't available on Windows 7, so you'll either need to upgrade to Windows 10 or use OpenGL/Vulkan
(01-12-2018, 09:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do a Google search for the DirectX Web updater and run that. You may be missing some files/have corrupted files.
Also, there are some D3D features that aren't available on Windows 7, so you'll either need to upgrade to Windows 10 or use OpenGL/Vulkan

https://i.imgur.com/H3V0TL4.png
Says everything is up to date. Is there anything else I can do because I know the dev build has worked before for me.
Is there a specific setting I'm missing in Dolphin?
(01-12-2018, 05:17 PM)Toxic Avenger Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a specific setting I'm missing in Dolphin?

No, this isn't supposed to happen regardless of the Dolphin settings. But if you want a workaround, you can change the graphics backend.
(01-12-2018, 10:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, this isn't supposed to happen regardless of the Dolphin settings. But if you want a workaround, you can change the graphics backend.

Changing my graphics backend fixed it. Thank you.