Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a stupid question? to the attention of the developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
italiano
come avete letto ,sto per formularvi una domanda che forse riterrete stupida , ma per me che non sono un programmatore ,mi sembra un idea che potrebbe essere buona .
pensavo ,essendo che un emulatore in realtà un programma che cerca di imitare una consol ,come in questo caso,utilizzando i file di gioco creati per quel sistema di lettura che è la consol .quindi file che hanno una forma fatta per quel tipo di lettura, che sia iso cdi ecc ecc ecc ,non sarebbe più facile emulare la consol modificando prima i file di lettura e poi creando un emulatore apposito per quei file ,mi spiego meglio:
psp ,per emulare psx ,ha bisogno che i file siano in ebot per far si che la psp li leggesse e stato creato un programma che trasformasse i file  immagine iso in file ebot ,questo aiutava l'emulazione della psx.la mia domanda quindi è non conviene ,se possibile farlo ,creare un programma che riformuli i file dei giochi in file più leggeri e facili da leggere per un emulatore ?
ripeto io non so come funzionano queste cose ,ne so se l'emulatore di perse faccia già un azione simile ,pero con la tecnologia che oggi e molto più avanti rispetto a quella wii e game cube, non mi sorprenderebbe se questo fosse possibile ,abbinare un programma di modifica giochi all emulatore .spero che se è un idea stupida almeno vi faccia fare quatro risate  Big Grin

english
as you read, I'm going to ask you a question that maybe you feel stupid, but for me that I'm not a programmer, it seems like an idea that could be good.
I thought, being an emulator actually a program that tries to imitate a consol, as in this case, using the game files created for that reading system that is the consol .so files that have a form made for that type of reading , that is iso cdi etc etc etc, it would not be easier to emulate the consol by first changing the reading files and then creating a special emulator for those files, I explain:
psp, to emulate psx, it needs that the files are in ebot to make sure that the psp read them and created a program that would transform the image files iso in ebot files, this helped the emulation of the psx. Is not it convenient, if possible, to create a program that reformulates game files into lighter and easier-to-read files for an emulator?
I repeat I do not know how these things work, I do not know if the emulator of lost already does a similar action, but with the technology that today and much later than that wii and game cube, it would not surprise me if this were possible, to combine a game editing program for the emulator. I hope that if it's a stupid idea at least you'll have four laughs: D
It's not the reading of the file that's the problem. Some of the files on a game disk are just like computer programs, but for a different type of computer than the actual machine. As parts of these programs are needed, Dolphin translates them to a format that your machine can actually execute. Unfortunately, due to differences in the hardware and a limited amount of time which Dolphin has to translate each bit of code, the translated version often ends up really slow, much in the same way as a bad programmer would write the same program as a good programmer, but it would be slower. The problem would go away if Dolphin could translate the programs ahead of time, but unfortunately there's not enough information to work out what a particular bit of code might be supposed to do until just before it's time to run it. This means we have to put it off until right at the last second and then don't have much time to optimise the translated version (as most optimisations take longer than running the code as it already is).
ISO (or GCM) is actually the file format that's the easiest for Dolphin to read. Other formats like GCZ, WBFS, extracted folders, et cetera, require Dolphin to do some extra work in order to figure out which data is where in the file.
quindi da cio che ho potuto capire il problema reale e il fatto che non si sappia che cosa andra a leggere l emulatore ?

so from what I could understand the real problem and the fact that you do not know what the emulator is going to read?
(01-06-2018, 08:21 PM)cloudgames Wrote: [ -> ]quindi da cio che ho potuto capire il problema reale e il fatto che non si sappia che cosa andra a leggere l emulatore ?

so from what I could understand the real problem and the fact that you do not know what the emulator is going to read?
ita
la domanda nasce spontanea non si puo creare un programma/app che aiuti l'emulatore a leggere più velocemente i file come un doppio emulatore che magari sfrutti un altro processore dividendo cosi i due processori invece di affaticare un solo programma .sarebbe come uno che detta e l altro che scrive .in pratica un programma di supporto.

english

[color=#212121]the question is born spontaneous can not create a program / app that helps the emulator to read files faster as a double emulator that maybe exploit another processor thus dividing the two processors instead of fatiguing only one program. would be like one that dictates and the other who writes. In practice, a support program.[/color]