Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Game is so nearly perfect for me. Im running on an i7 4790 with gtx1080

Is there any way to stop a pause as I go through the check point for lap 3.

I have ubershaders set to hybrid running on vulkan.

Sam
Those "pauses" are actual stutters. NVidia GPUs stutter when using Hybrid due to a driver bug.
I see, any fixes at the mo
(01-05-2018, 03:14 AM)defected78 Wrote: [ -> ]I see, any fixes at the mo

If it's shader compilation stuttering, it should be fixed if you keep ubershaders set to hybrid and change the graphics backend to Direct3D 11.
(01-05-2018, 03:21 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If it's shader compilation stuttering, it should be fixed if you keep ubershaders set to hybrid and change the graphics backend to Direct3D 11.

Thanks. It really only happens at the event of 3rd lap. I will try your config. Was previously using Vulkan.
weird its still happening. Might try fresh install of nvidia drivers.
Just to make sure, you haven't enabled "Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate" in the per-game settings, right? It can cause stuttering problems like this.
It could actually be harddrive loading issues with it loading the music and whatnot... but I doubt it.
To let you all know I solved the issue.

I did this by using a WFBS image as a pose to the CISO.

Also for good measure ran it off of the solid state drive.

Maybe if other stutters occur this type of fix will work.
Did you have Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate enabled or not? If it was on, it would make sense that running from a solid state drive would fix the pause. But it should also be possible to fix the problem by turning it off.
Pages: 1 2