Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: increase internal resolution on desmume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing new super mario bros on desmume and the graphics are pixelated.. how can i run this game in 4x resolution
I don't believe the normal versions can do this.

User0001

Try a magnification filter or get a custom build that can. I wouldn't know any since I don't use them.
(01-05-2018, 12:08 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe the normal versions can do this.

I think the most recent code can, but only if you build it yourself OR you use the libretro version. If I recall, so can the macOS version (again, if built from source). But you're correct, none of the current stable builds do that.
They have "nightly" builds on the download page on their website that can here: https://desmume.org/download/
Most recent is from 12/19, they don't update often. It has something to do with the 3d settings but I don't remember what exactly they called it at the top of my head.
The relevant setting is called "GPU Scaling Factor". Increasing it any higher than 2x or 3x will require a powerful desktop gaming PC.