Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ideal settings for my setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bassroyt

Just finished building my new computer and I'm very interested in what settings I should be using for Dolphin. I'm currently using 5.0-6022.
Here are my specs.
-An Nvidia GeForce 1080 Ti
-AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.0 Ghz (Will soon OC to 3.7)
-AMD X370 Motherboard
-Corsair Vengence 16 GB @ 2133 Mhz (Will soon OC higher)
Any ideas? I am having difficulty maintaining a consistent FPS for Melee, Paper Mario, and Sunshine. Even after looking into the specific configurations I should be having for those particular games, I still have drops in many cases. Appreciate any help!  Big Grin
You should not be lagging in any of those games.

Can you post screenshots of each tab of the graphics configuration UI?
(01-03-2018, 05:57 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]You should not be lagging in any of those games.

Can you post screenshots of each tab of the graphics configuration UI?

I'm taking bets!

My guess: Ubershaders on Exclusive, back-end on Vulkan and 8x IR + 8x SSAA... Tongue
Possibly with RealXFB, EFB to RAM and texture cache to safest, using LLE interpreter on OpenAL for sound!
Also set up to use Powersaving mode in Windows 10 and Adaptive Perfomance in nVidia Control Panel

On a serious note:
Set your IR to 3x, Anti Aliasing to Off, Back-end to D3D11 and Ubershaders to Hybrid, and build up from there.
(01-03-2018, 08:07 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm taking bets!

My guess: Ubershaders on Exclusive, back-end on Vulkan and 8x IR + 8x SSAA... Tongue
Possibly with RealXFB, EFB to RAM and texture cache to safest, using LLE interpreter on OpenAL for sound!
Also set up to use Powersaving mode in Windows 10 and Adaptive Perfomance in nVidia Control Panel

On a serious note:
Set your IR to 3x, Anti Aliasing to Off, Back-end to D3D11 and Ubershaders to Hybrid, and build up from there.

If you try Vulkan, you may have to revert back to 5.0-5951 or disable anti-aliasing. There's issue with anti-aliasing and Vulkan on nVidia cards starting from build 5968...
I'm not super-fan of D3D11 personally, I've had stuttering with D3D11 on lower configurations than with other back-ends. You should also try other back-ends and see what happens. It's a lot of trials and errors...