Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Xenoblade Chronicles lags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolpin 5.0, and in some moments in the game, mostly battles, the game slows down for some moments, causing the audio to make a strange sound and the game nearly-freezing.
What CPU do you have? Your profile says i5, but which one?
(01-03-2018, 07:34 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What CPU do you have? Your profile says i5, but which one?

Oh sorry, Intel Core 650
It's probably bottlenecking, you can help the audio a bit with the latest development version and enabling audio stretching.
(01-03-2018, 08:20 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably bottlenecking, you can help the audio a bit with the latest development version and enabling audio stretching.
Thanks mate, but the audio problem is related to the FPS drop (i think). I'll try that out.
(01-03-2018, 08:32 AM)Funkeez Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks mate, but the audio problem is related to the FPS drop (i think). I'll try that out.

Yeah, that should help the audio because of the FPS drops.
(01-03-2018, 08:33 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that should help the audio because of the FPS drops.

Okay, I tried the audio thing and it works, but not at all. If the lagging lasted 3 seconds before, now it lasts about 1. Any specific settings for the audio? (Audio engine, ms, etc)
(01-03-2018, 10:22 AM)Funkeez Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I tried the audio thing and it works, but not at all. If the lagging lasted 3 seconds before, now it lasts about 1. Any specific settings for the audio? (Audio engine, ms, etc)

Use the following settings to run it as fast as is possible with minimum framedrops:

1. Make sure you have downloaded the latest Dev-version from here (latest one at the day of writing is: [color=#428bca]5.0-6121[/color]): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/  (scroll down a bit)
2. Set Audio to the CubeB back-end and use HLE
3. Set Ubershaders to Hybrid and Video back-end to Vulkan
4. Set Internal Resolution (IR) to 3x
5. Set Anti-Aliasing to 0 or 1x
6. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x

7. If these settings work fast enough then turn OFF audio stretching since having it on will give some annoying sound artifacts in this game.

Do not change any of the other settings, the default settings should be more than sufficient to get great speeds.
(01-03-2018, 07:45 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Use the following settings to run it as fast as is possible with minimum framedrops:

1. Make sure you have downloaded the latest Dev-version from here (latest one at the day of writing is: [color=#428bca]5.0-6121[/color]): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/  (scroll down a bit)

7. If these settings work fast enough then turn OFF audio stretching since having it on will give some annoying sound artifacts in this game.

Do not change any of the other settings, the default settings should be more than sufficient to get great speeds.

Hi, I've tried that out, and the problem keeps on going.
(01-03-2018, 07:45 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Use the following settings to run it as fast as is possible with minimum framedrops:

Why the recommendation for CubeB? Is that the new recommended audio backend or just for this game?
Pages: 1 2