Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GeForce 640
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its me again
Simple question
Is GeForce 640, adequate for Wave Race Blue Storm ?
GF640 because, its the first damn DX12 thing
Will I able to play Blue Storm on 1280x1024 with some ansitropic enhancements on 30 FPS ?
We dropped d3d12.
(01-01-2018, 04:47 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]We dropped d3d12.

Why ?
Because D11 was damn popular and rewriting code only for DX12 would be meaningless ?
Because nobody was fixing the extensive problems with d3d12 and it was a maintenance headache. We have a Vulkan backend though along with d3d11 and GL which work fine.

Anyways, your CPU is the reason dolphin is slow for you.
Okay yeah your GPU is also pretty awful, modern Intel GPUs smoke it.
Depends on the GT640 you have
If you are running one of the GDDR3 variants or even worse the GF (fermi) version of the card then yes it sucks hard.

If you are running the GK107 or 208 version with GDDR5 then you are running basically the good version of the GT730 (there are bad veraions based off the bad 640s) and it should probably run that game. To be honest I use the 640 in my emulation PC (at least until I decide to upgrade my main rig and it's card gets put in the emulation PC), but I have never run Wave Race since I don't own it. It does handle 2-3x fine on most titles whenever I actually care to do it (mostly to test). This is almost exclusively on OpenGL (unless a game has an issue with OpenGL and I don't think I have hit one of those yet)

Also if you are buying the card then it will be highly dependent on the price. I wouldn't pay anything more then $25 US for a good variant GT640 since you can get much better cards in a price range of 30-70 (much much better). If you own it already then try it out.