Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cleanrip Xenoblade read error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm kinda new to this hole ripping thing. But I've followed the instructions and i'm using a 16GB USB thumb drive (formatted 32 FAT of course) And have tried having to small chunks and max chunks and will either get to around 1-3% and crash or crash immediately. Using the current version of cleanrip "CleanRip version 2.0.0" System im using is Wii.

Dual layer Yes
Ive tried all chunk sizes all resulting in a read error.
Change device per chunk. Tried both yes and no both resulted in a read error

Am I missing a step somewhere?
Try formatting the drive as NTFS and dump as one large ISO.

I suspect that whatever tool you're using to join the ISO parts (due to FAT32 limitations) is screwing up
(12-31-2017, 01:40 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Try formatting the drive as NTFS and dump as one large ISO.

I suspect that whatever tool you're using to join the ISO parts (due to FAT32 limitations) is screwing up

Ok it seems to be working now but It says its going to take around 12Hrs is that normal?   And Once again just to be clear i'm using CLeanRip on Wii Homebrew Verson 2.0.0
Either the ETA is whacky as hell or you're ripping to an unbelievably slow drive (SD card???)

What is the rate it's transferring at?
(12-31-2017, 02:10 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Either the ETA is whacky as hell or you're ripping to an unbelievably slow drive (SD card???)

What is the rate it's transferring at?

188kKBs .... Slow    oddly enough though when is was a formatted as a FAT its seemed to be a tad faster. (When it worked for the few secs that it did)   I should just cancel it and get a better USB card? any recommendations?   
it should be in the megabytes / second.

I don't know if your disc drive is screwed or your drive. Hard to tell
(12-31-2017, 02:34 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]it should be in the megabytes / second.

I don't know if your disc drive is screwed or your drive. Hard to tell

Used FAT just to test the speed and it was 3000KBs which 3MB per sec total 50  minuets  But it just crashes as usual.   So I guess its the Thumb Drive that's bad then?
So, when you use FAT, it gives you multiple 2 or 4 GB files right?

How do you join the files?
(12-31-2017, 02:59 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]So, when you use FAT, it gives you multiple 2 or 4 GB files right?

How do you join the files?

I cant even get that far.  It runs for only 3-5 seconds then I get a Read error closing in 10 seconds.  Cant even get close to a full rip. 
Are there scratches on the game disc? Does the game work when you try to run it the normal way on a console?
Pages: 1 2