Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've been trying to play MLB Power Pros 2008 with NetPlay. Attempts so far have gone awry with desyncs almost always happening.
I am using Dolphin version 5.0(the stable one) and using GameCube Controllers.
I know MLB Power Pros is a wii game, but it accepts GameCube Controllers.
How do you guy set it up?
Refer to the Netplay guide on Anther's ladder. It details some settings that are recommended for Netplay.
You can still use 5.0, but make your opponents are, too.
yeah my friends are using 5.0 too, but do i need to download a new dolphin emulator build???
also would we need all the same saves????
(12-31-2017, 05:56 AM)kungfupandacam Wrote: [ -> ]yeah my friends are using 5.0 too, but do i need to download a new dolphin emulator build???

If you don't need to load or save your progress, and you don't need to use Wii Remotes, 5.0 is good enough for netplay. But the newer versions are better Wink

(12-31-2017, 05:58 AM)kungfupandacam Wrote: [ -> ]also would we need all the same saves????

If you want to load saves, everyone needs to have the same saves and you need to be using a newer version of Dolphin. If you don't want to load saves, it doesn't matter what saves everyone currently has – Dolphin will skip loading them.
alright thanks
It didn't work on 5.0 any help on that stuff?
Did you follow Anther's Ladder's recommended Netplay settings? Those worked for me.
You can skip the steps which only apply to Smash.

https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/...ting-guide

Skip the second step, the one about Kill Music, and other steps that involve cheat codes.
Note that your partners must also use these settings for optimal Netplay results.
If you wish to use cheats, make sure everyone has the same codes.
i didn't try all of these.
I'll try these next time...
Thanks, I'll post if I have any other issues!
You're welcome. These fixed all desyncs for me, and it should apply to other games. If you're having trouble finding which steps only apply to Smash, I can write up a quick guide for you.