Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Smash 4xM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's some people here interested into Project M and Melee based Smash games, you probably already know this thing exists, but for those who don't know, here's the trailer :

And the reddit (setup tutorial and more) : https://www.reddit.com/r/4xm/
This is basically Smash WiiU with Melee gameplay. "The Project M of the WiiU" even if their team don't want to be called like that, because they plan to only change gameplay for now.

I played a big session of this today and it's really good. Obviously it's a beta, so balance is a mess but Melee feeling on Smash 4 roaster is still enjoyable.
I like the idea since Melee was a better game than Brawl or Sm4sh could ever hope to be, but there are development issues... the team isn't always in agreement and they're very guilty of hype-mongering and not delivering. But I'm not trying to bash them, since I do want this to succeed. I just think that they should have waited a bit longer to release it instead of rushing it out--we all know how that goes. Balancing issues aside, some things don't even work right like they did in Melee--Falco's shine sends opponents way too high so you can't really start combos at lower percents with it, for example.
Yes, there's indeed a lot of things to fix. I found some low-risk moves doing ridiculously high knockback, killing at middle or low percent.
I didn't know about the team being a little clumsy. Tho I do think Melee HD was a very bad name and I'm glad they changed it. Let's hope they will keep going in the right direction.

Back in the day, before Project M really raised, a lot of experimentations was there for Brawl (plus, minus, balanced...). If this one don't shine then maybe another one will ^v^
That's true. I just hope the scene will remain as active now as it was back then. Those really were the glory days of hacking, when P:M was early in development and all the other mods were coming out. Towards the end of P:M's development most of the other hacks had basically died out except Brawl Minus, but that was fine with me because P:M was so good that I really didn't need other mods. I just hope there are enough motivated hackers left that if something happens to 4xM, there will be someone to continue where it gets left off.