Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Compression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok i was thinking of compressing my games with Dolphin to save a little space till i get a new portable hard drive after looking through the forums however and reading of some peoples games corrupting after compressing i want to be 100% sure that Dolphin's compression works properly and what size i should get after compressing a gamecube game, a normal wii game and a Dual layer wii game thanks
The only game which it does not work correctly with is New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It will corrupt your original image, so don't use it on that game until it's fixed.
ok thanks i'll just keep playing it on my wii till that's fixed and also what size should i expect when compressing wii and gamecube games when i compressed melee it went from 1.4 gig to 1.2 is that how all gamecube compressions turn out and is there a huge difference with wii games

LuisR14

with some games it's a big difference, with others it's just a small difference Smile
fixed
wow there is a huge difference in some games i just compressed paper mario TTYD and it is now just 335.5mb unlike before when it was 1.4gig while for double dash it became 1.3gig
Compress your Animal Crossing GC and you will be amazed how small it is Tongue
i don't have that game but i do have metroid prime 1 and 2, Twilight princess GCN, wind waker, Star fox assault, Brawl, and Mario kart wii should i expect any differences in them as well and also what exactly is compressed out like in Paper mario for example what was taking up that 800 or so megabytes on the disc is that just padding put in by nintendo
Well, full ISO contains game data (what's left after compression) and everything else is just dummy data for filling up disc's space. Dolphin deletes that useless dummy data and leaves only game data. That's how I've understood it Tongue
ah ok then but if this is just dummy data then how come when Dolphin compresses Brawl some people have reported that there is some wierd error with videos of samus or something like that
Pages: 1 2