Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can Dolphin emulate virtual console games via Wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pretty sure the answer is yes, but i'm not sure how to do it.
Yes
(12-16-2017, 06:58 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes  

golly gee, how can I ever thank you? Now I just need information on HOW to actually do it!

this is sarcasm and i'm too stupid to know how to do it so please help me
The exact same way you do with a normal disc.
(12-17-2017, 11:05 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]The exact same way you do with a normal disc.

No...? They don't work the same way. The only case in which the Dolphin UX could be similar between the two is if you have the VC game in WAD form, but the process of dumping a downloaded game into a WAD is different from the process from dumping a disc, so as a whole, it's pretty far from "the exact same way".
How else would you have a VC game? I've honestly never dealt with them in any format besides a WAD... also, he said emulating, not dumping--although I probably should have, I didn't infer that he meant dumping the games, I thought he just meant playing them. As for dumping them, I think pretty much everything that makes WAD dumps requires a cIOS, but then again I haven't looked at the Wii hacking scene in a while, so I could be wrong.
(12-18-2017, 04:07 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]How else would you have a VC game? I've honestly never dealt with them in any format besides a WAD...

You could have them in the format they're stored in on the NAND or in the format they're stored in on SD cards.
I didn't even consider that honestly, sorry for my ignorance. I've just always dumped to wad.