Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Speed Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Speed-Zone-Front-Cover-8804.jpg]

About the game:

A futuristic racing game for the Wii home video game system. Players can choose from three modes of play: Solo, Race, and Battle. In Race mode, players compete against seven computer-controlled AI cars, while Battle mode is an all-out, futuristic demolition derby, using spectacular weapon. In Solo mode, players try to ignite jet thrusters with boost pads to accelerate "into the zone," with phantom cars and racing lines to help set lap records.

Emulation Status & Speed:

* What works: I just ran the game with r4586 (32bit). Until just a few revs ago the game hung up the emulator always when selecting "Single Player" which would bring to the front of the screen the tracks pyramid. NOW THIS WORKS! And actually everything seems to work perfectly, from graphics over sound/music (until the race starts) to speed...

What does not work:
* when a race begins, always after "3 - 2 - 1 - go!" the emulator crashes, making the game unplayable eventually -_-
Only workaround so far seems to be sacrificing sound, because with NullSound (HLE or LLE) it doesn't crash

Emulation Speed
* Obviously I can't say anything about the actual racing speed with sound enabled...without sound, however, speed is perfect for me.

Additional Information

I can play the game without any glitches (at least I haven't noticed any) and in full-speed (and this game IS FAST! Wink ) with the OpenGL-plugin (DX9 seems to be a bit slower in this game), all "eye candy" on maximum; but don't forget enabling "Copy EFB to GL texture (hack) or else you'll have a "rainbow road" in all tracks Big Grin
General settings I had all on default...