Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When can we expect a new stable build of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just curious and I don't want to install a new update every 10 hours, so it would be nice to see a new stable build. But looking at the release date of stable builds for dolphin(3.0, 4.0, 5.0), I did a rough estimated average distance between the stable builds, and it's around 2.3 years. Can the developers confirm this?

P.S, I'm not trying to rush the developers or anything, I just want the insight of a dolphin dev.
When somebody cares to handle release management and the headache that comes along with forcing the project into a feature freeze.

Nobody appears interested right now.
Fun fact: you don't really have to go grab the newest dev build every time it's released (unless it fixes some crash you're having or they release some big feature I guess).

Crap, I maybe get the new one after a month or so
Personally, I update every month or when a very big feature is merged.
(12-14-2017, 10:36 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I update every month or when a very big feature is merged.

This ^^, I do it whenever a big feature is merged (so like every other month I'd guess).
I use to update whenever i want.
Usually every 3-15 days
(12-14-2017, 02:28 PM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Fun fact: you don't really have to go grab the newest dev build every time it's released (unless it fixes some crash you're having or they release some big feature I guess).

Crap, I maybe get the new one after a month or so

It would be nice to have an auto-update feature
Making a good auto-update structure is hard.
it's feasible now with ubershaders, but yeah, we would have to do a ton of infra work to make that maintainable, which nobody appears interested in doing.
Honestly downloading and overwriting your old directory is so painless that it seems unnecessary.
Pages: 1 2