Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Newest version of dolphin giving bad pixel shaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded and installed dolphin 5.0-6000 and keep getting an error "failed to compile pixel shaders", "failed to compile encoding texture encoding shader".

For most games, everything still runs fine, but for the last story, even though I have efb to ram on, I still an getting corrupted textures where my characters clothes are missing their color, and super mario sunshines goop doesnt hurt mario.

Unrelated note, I have been getting alot of "fifo is overflown by gatherpipe error", lately when playing the last story and rouge squadron.
I forgot to mention the last working version of dolphin is 5.0-5975, the first broken version was 5.0-5977 (Round values in swizzlers (PR #5903 from linkmauve)). I think this change broke efb to ram in most games.
This is a known problem, and a fix is in progress. For now, you can avoid the issue by switching graphics backend.
(12-06-2017, 08:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This is a known problem, and a fix is in progress. For now, you can avoid the issue by switching graphics backend.

Thanks @JosJuice, Ill sit tight. I thought it was because I got a new PC and didn't set things up properly. Is there a fix for FIFO overflown by gatherpipe. I disabled dual core but it didn't help.
With Rogue Squadron 3 there is no work-around currently. With Last Story and potentially others, there's a hack-fix on the pull request page.
Fixed in 5.0-6004. Sorry for the bad merge before.
(12-06-2017, 06:36 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed in 5.0-6004. Sorry for the bad merge before.

Thanks degasus! Everything is working properly now.