Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Warning: buggy ucrt version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Frehgin

Hi.

When I try to use the latest dev version of dolphin, I get an error when launching it.

"You are running ucrtbase.dll version 6.2.10240.17643[...]Please update this file by installing the latest Universal C Runtime."
Angry
But i'm running windows 10 and I only find UCRuntime updates for 8.1 and previous versions of windows.
Welp?
You need to update to the latest version of Windows 10. Older versions of Windows 10 have the buggy ucrtbase. Windows 10 should try to automatically update itself all the time.
Excuse the awful hack, but will grabbing a copy of the dll from a newer Windows install and copying it to Dolphin's executable directory be sufficient? I have some reasons I'd like to stay on older Windows 10. (My Windows partition is used exclusively for offline gaming, so I'm not concerned about security)
Copying .dll's is usually not a good idea.
It would probably work, assuming there are no other missing dependencies.
Well, ucrtbase.dll is tightly integrated in the OS starting with Windows 10 (e.g. if you put a newer ucrtbase.dll next to Dolphin, it would be ignored and Windows would still load the system version). You can try replacing the system DLL instead, but there's always the possibility of messing the OS, it might also trigger Windows File Protection, which will restore the original, buggy version...