Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hello - Does the Intel - Core i3-8100 require a CPU Cooler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Or will the Stock Cooler work? No overclocking here.  However I would like to run Dolphin at high internal resolutions, Thank you very much

====

So far:

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB SC GAMING Video Card
Why would a stock cooler not be fine running at stock speeds?
Of course the stock cooler works as it's designed specifically for just that - stock. I mean, the i3-8100 isn't unlocked and lacks turbo so you can't exactly overclock it anyway.
(11-30-2017, 07:11 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would a stock cooler not be fine running at stock speeds?

I thought I might receive such a response, I apologize I'm still a scrub with this Computer Tech.  I was just being thorough, a bit too much, eh? lol  Anyway, thanks for the response and one last question if I may...it might be another noob question but nonetheless!  Do I really require Windows 10 or is there perhaps a more inexpensive route?  Thanks, Sonic!1
(11-30-2017, 07:12 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the stock cooler works as it's designed specifically for just that - stock.  I mean, the i3-8100 isn't unlocked and lacks turbo so you can't exactly overclock it anyway.

I see that now, thank you for the response.  
You can always install Linux, its totally free. But if you aren't as good with computers as you say you are, it may be a hard learning curve.
(11-30-2017, 07:22 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you aren't as good with computers as you say you are, it may be a hard learning curve.

Even with a "babby's first Linux" distribution like Ubuntu or Linux Mint?

(Ubuntu is more Mac-like while Mint is more Windows-like)
(11-30-2017, 07:22 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You can always install Linux, its totally free. But if you aren't as good with computers as you say you are, it may be a hard learning curve.

Ah I never thought about that one.  Will I need a disc to download it, or once the computer is built do I need someway of getting to the actual site for software installation? Thanks in advance
(11-30-2017, 07:41 AM)NightsLight Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I never thought about that one.  Will I need a disc to download it, or once the computer is built do I need someway of getting to the actual site for software installation? Thanks in advance

You should be able to download an image and copy it to a flash drive then boot from it to install.
(11-30-2017, 07:56 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to download an image and copy it to a flash drive then boot from it to install.

Much appreciated, such a simple task seems to be easily accomplished.  Please excuse my scrub-like ways.  So if my presumed rig is https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6qTdpb the intel set-up, do you feel I have a perhaps more inexpensive route or am I stuck?  Thank you Sanic the Hedgehog, lol
Pages: 1 2