Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues with custom textures/dumping textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dukemon

I'm working on a custom texture pack for Sonic Heroes, but recently I've ran into an issue with new textures I put into the Load textures folder for Sonic Heroes not showing up in game at all. I tried redumping some textures to see if its an issue of the file names getting changed, but for some reason, Dolphin just won't dump textures for me anymore, even though I have the "Dump Textures" option enabled. I've tried almost everything possible at this point. I think the issue may originate from that I started this texture pack on Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 while working on it. If anyone has ways to fix this issue, I'd be glad to hear them.
Are you dumping textures using the latest dev build? Do you have full read/write access to the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents?

Dukemon

I made sure I have full access to everything with Dolphin, and any new textures I put still won't show up, nor will it dump any textures. I tried using the latest dev build, and the same thing happened, only this time Dolphin crashed trying to dump level textures.
Well, if you're using the latest dev builds you need to have textures in the new format. Take a look in the custom textures thread if you need help converting them for the converting tool.
And I don't know if you can load textures and dump textures at the same time. Try turning one or the other off.
Is this only happening to Sonic Heroes, or are other games affected?
Do you have cheats turned off?
Have you tried a fresh download of Dolphin, in a new folder, and running in portable mode?

Dukemon

(11-28-2017, 07:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you're using the latest dev builds you need to have textures in the new format. Take a look in the custom textures thread if you need help converting them for the converting tool.
And I don't know if you can load textures and dump textures at the same time. Try turning one or the other off.
Is this only happening to Sonic Heroes, or are other games affected?
Do you have cheats turned off?
Have you tried a fresh download of Dolphin, in a new folder, and running in portable mode?

1) Thing is, when I started this project, I wasn't having this issue at all, and I was using the default version of Dolphin 5.0. This issue started happening after I changed OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
2) This is an issue that isn't exclusive to Heroes. I've tested it with other games, and it won't dump textures at all.
3) I have cheats turned off, and still nothing
4) I've already tried reinstalling Dolphin, and no luck.
Not just reinstalling a clean version of Dolphin, but portable mode: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...ble.txt.22
This will load the textures from the folder where the Dolphin.exe is located. You'll need to move the textures from the global directory in Documents to the folder where you have the portable.txt located