Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii USB Keyboard registering inputs even if game is in background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I've been playing Animal Crossing City Folk and I enabled "Connect USB Keyboard" in the Wii settings so that typing is much easier.
However, if I alt tab to another window to reply a message or search something on google, my input will also be duplicated to the game and typed out ingame. This can get quite annoying, and in one case I said a personal message out loud while playing online.

I have Background input turned off in the controller settings, but it seems that this setting doesnt apply to the keyboard. I googled around but I couldnt find any solutions to this problem. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!
There is the "Pause on Focus Loss" setting if you're fine with pausing the whole game, but I'm guessing that won't work out if you're playing online. Other than that, no, I don't think there's any way to fix it right now.
(11-26-2017, 06:51 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There is the "Pause on Focus Loss" setting if you're fine with pausing the whole game, but I'm guessing that won't work out if you're playing online. Other than that, no, I don't think there's any way to fix it right now.

Yeah, and pausing throws off the internal clock, which isnt ideal.

Thanks for the reply, any chance of having the "Background input" setting also apply to the USB keyboard? Doesn't sound like it would be too difficult to implement
(11-26-2017, 06:58 AM)Kedama Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, any chance of having the "Background input" setting also apply to the USB keyboard? Doesn't sound like it would be too difficult to implement

I'll look into it.
(11-26-2017, 07:27 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look into it.
Thanks! <3
Should be fixed by 5.0-5979.