Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ubershader compiling every time I open a game (DX11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just fresh installed my windows 10 OS. I'm using the 5.0-5938 dolphin build in DX11.

I have a good GPU: gtx 1060 6gb and a decent CPU: i5 3550 @4ghz. I wonder if it is just me or ubershaders take quite a long time to load before the game.

Every game is taking ~60 seconds to load with both Ubershaders settings hybrid and exclusive, the latter being unplayable maybe for hardware limitations.

I'd like to use the hybrid setting, but it is really unfortunate to wait 1 minute everytime I load a game. Is it how it is, or is there a solution to reduce this wait time?

Thanks!

edit: Apparently in DX11 mode, my dolphin is compiling shaders every time I load a game and not just the first time. Any suggestions? OpenGL works fine, but it presents some problems in some games.
Exclusive mode shouldn´t be that much of a hassle unless you´re using too much enhacements.
It's normal that ubershaders take about that long to compile, but since Dolphin caches them, you should only need to compile them once unless you change Dolphin version or change certain graphics settings.
(11-26-2017, 06:48 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It's normal that ubershaders take about that long to compile, but since Dolphin caches them, you should only need to compile them once unless you change Dolphin version or change certain graphics settings.

Yeah, I suppose it should work like that. I think my emulator is then compiling ubershaders every time I load a game. Not only the first time. Any advices?

I'm checking the Dolphin Emulator/Load/Shaders folder and nothing is being generated.
OpenGL is working fine. Compiles only the first time.
DX11 is doing it every time I load any game...

(11-20-2017, 05:07 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're running on an NVIDIA GPU and is using Dolphin's OpenGL backend, try clearing the contents of "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLCache"...

Quoting this guy from another topic, it seems that my DX11 compile is creating a file right at that folder, not inside dolphins Cache
Nothing changed after reinstalling nvidias latest drivers... Still compiling every time in dx11. Ideas?
Do you have full read/write permissions for the Dolphin emulator folder in the Documents folder?
(11-28-2017, 12:54 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have full read/write permissions for the Dolphin emulator folder in the Documents folder?

How do I check that? I tried opening the emulator as an admin and still no luck with this shader recompiling issue.
Essentially just make sure your Dolphin Emulator folder, located under Documents, is not set to Read-only
(11-28-2017, 01:48 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Essentially just make sure your Dolphin Emulator folder, located under Documents, is not set to Read-only

Apparently my Dolphin folder is set to read-only. Thing is if I change it, when I click on it again its set to read-only still. Can't change it. But I don't think its actually read-only, since my games are saving just fine...
Pages: 1 2