Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Optimal Part Recommendations Advice (First Timer)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'll try and be quick and concise. I am looking for a Desktop (NO OVERCLOCKING) which will run the mos demanding, if not all Dolphin Emulated Gamecube/Wii games at perfect rates. No frame drops, stutters, etc.. the most bang for my buck where I will be a happy camper. A seamlessly easy build for a novice computer geek. Thank you so much in advance, apologies for my abrupt behavior but I am having a hard time distinguishing good parts from bad. Peace, and game on forever.
Assuming US.

This will play everything flawlessly without overclocking at high internal resolutions.

Pick the storage and case as that's all user preference. SSD would let you boot your system fast. HDD has cheaper storage.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hXJPM8

Note, you could do a little better for the price, but only like $100 at most and you specifically asked for a build that does dolphin flawlessly with no fuss. This is the no fuss dolphin build with current parts
Thanks for the quick response, Helios!  Do you feel the i3-8100 is futureproof/other games?  Example Witcher 3.  I really appreciate the advice. Also, do you confidently consider that that EVGA Video card/Power-supply will truly suffice for the Dolphin?  Seems like you're right on point, amazing stuff to learn about.  Thanks again!
get an i5 8400 if you want futureproof.

the PSU is fine either way

The GPU is more than enough for Dolphin.