Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess: Aiming Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TechnicalTitan

I've been using Dolphin to play Twilight Princess for a couple of years, & I've always dealt with the same annoying aiming issues. They often make the game very difficult. Essentially, there are two primary issues: A. Projectiles are rarely aligned with the reticle. This applies to the slingshot, bow, and clawshot. It doesn't seem to apply to the ball and chain or the dominion rod. B. The Gale Boomerang is sometimes incapable of locking on to a target. You can still "lock on," but the boomerang will not actually target an object - rather the area where it thinks that you targeted.

The aiming issue seems to occur randomly. I could aim at and shoot something accurately, then try again and the issue is suddenly prevalent. It's sometimes dependent upon if I'm aiming at something upon the upper half of the screen or not. It sometimes depends upon what area of the game that I'm aiming within (what room). The boomerang issue seems to be changed after restarting the entire emulator. About every tenth time, I will restart Dolphin, and the game and can target objects. Most of the time, I simply can't.

Here is a video that demonstrates the issue: 

Here are the following variables that DO NOT solve or affect the issue at all:
Dolphin Version (3.5/5.0/Ishiiruka), CPU Emulation Engine, Backend (9, 11, 12, OpenGL), Widescreen Hack, Aiming Type (Arrow Keys / Mouse), Input (Wiimote/Keyboard), Fast Depth Calculation, Aiming Controls (Axis Vs Cursor). Most Importantly - No, "Skip EFB Access From CPU" Does not have any effect at all.

Any help would be appreciated. I've looked everywhere, and it seems that many people have experienced this issue, but there doesn't seem to be a valid solution.
Have you tried using 1x IR?

TechnicalTitan

(11-24-2017, 05:12 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using 1x IR?

I just attempted playing with 1x IR. Both issues are still prevalent.