Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Idea] A solution to how we currently handle saves on Netplay.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anywhere to post ideas for Dolphin? I've been trying to Google around this for a few days to no luck so I came here to ask. If there's a place right on this forum that fits it that I somehow missed, please let me know since I'm new here.

Question answered and I've posted my idea, look at my reply to the thread.
This subforum is the best place for it.
Figured, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure. I can't seem to delete this thread so I can post the idea, so I'll edit the title and post it right here.

A feature I've really been needing for a while now is saves on Netplay for Wii games. Now you've probably gotten a lot of requests for this- and I have a better solution than GameCube's 'everyone must be using the same save', instead, I suggest the possibility that everyone has the host's save. Dolphin will send the host's save data to other players on the game, and Dolphin downloads and uses that temporarily. After the Netplay session ends, all changes the game made to the host's save file are sent and stored in the host's save for that game, and the save is deleted from the other players' computers.
I really need some way of saves on Netplay, and I'm sure many others do, too, so even if it's a little unstable it'd certainly be better than nothing. Thanks for considering and reading.
This idea has been floated around a few times. It's doable and would likely be accepted into Dolphin, it's just that nobody has started working on it.

For what it's worth, we do already have support for the "everyone must be using the same save" style netplay saving for Wii games.
What version was this added in and how do I enable this? For me, all Netplay on Wii games will not load my save and support threads I have found stated Wii games do not save on Netplay.
Also, where IS the Dolphin save anyways?

Also, wow, I wish someone would work on it, I'm sure it'd make Netplay much, much better to use for a lot of people.
It was added in 5.0-2413. You have to turn on "Write save/SD data" (unless you don't want it to save) and "Load Wii Save", both in the netplay host window.
(11-23-2017, 02:57 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It was added in 5.0-2413. You have to turn on "Write save/SD data" (unless you don't want it to save) and "Load Wii Save", both in the netplay host window.

And where can I find my save so I can send it to my friends and make sure we're in sync?
(11-23-2017, 03:18 AM)Roadhog360 Wrote: [ -> ]And where can I find my save so I can send it to my friends and make sure we're in sync?

The easiest way to find it is to right-click on the game in the game list and pick "Open Wii save folder".